Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012


A picture of the blog writer on election day in Miami-Dade County with an "I voted Today" sticker

What better day to launch my Miami-centric blog than today, election day.  After my fledgling career  as a volunteer Miami-Dade County poll watcher, beginning in a glorified effort to stop the progression of Miami's embarrassing tendency for hanging chads, "broken" voting machines, and absentee ballot fraud and ending after 12.5 hours of hypercritical people watching and mildly entertaining kibitzing with several cynical old ladies, it dawned on me... Miami, though hot and messy, politically crooked, fashionably perverse, and somewhat sideways, is an interesting place to write about.  I'm no Carl Hiaasen but hell, I'll give it a whirl.
So on that note, I bid you an anxiety filled night, full of stress and turmoil over the outcome of ObaMitt 2012 (Not that you asked, but I personally plan to drink myself to sleep, wake up tomorrow morning to the beautiful fall weather and in true Miami fashion, forget that a Presidential election even took place this year). 

No comments:

Post a Comment